Hello, welcome our Governor’s page. Hopefully this will have the information you require about the governing body.
Our governors are drawn from the staff, parents, community and church congregations of the area. We are a strategic body, we are not involved with the day to day running of the school but create the policies which are implemented by the staff. Our role is to support and to hold to account the teaching body of the school, but we are not experts on education, we do receive training but we bring to bear our experience from varying walks of life and a wide range of jobs.
The majority of our work is done through our committees which meet twice a term. We meet together twice a term at the Full Governing Body meetings where we monitor the impact of the policies on the work of the school.
Mrs Matilda Walker
Mrs Helen Glanville
Mrs Helen Poyton
Miss Megan Brown
Mrs Sara Rayment
Mrs Sue Boreham
Rev John Watson
Mrs Francesca Nezrek
Ms Rachael Annear
Mr Oliver Reed
Ms Sara Lomri
Mrs Rosie Gibbs
Mr Phillip Saddler
The Chair of Governors is Mrs Sally Chapman.
The role of the governors is to help the school provide the best possible education for our pupils. We do this by thinking and working strategically to raise standards, we monitor and evaluate progress towards the school’s priorities and targets. We support the Headteacher and staff as well as challenging their expectations.
There are 14 governors at DVIS:
- 2 Parent Governors who are elected to be representative of the parent body.
- 2 Staff Governors to represent teaching and non-teaching staff, the Headteacher is also a governor. With the exception of the Headteacher, staff governors are elected.
- 1 Local Authority (LA) governor who is appointed by the local authority.
- 8 Foundation governors (including the Vicar) who are normally appointed by either Southwark Diocese Board of Education or St Barnabas, our local church.
We meet twice a term as a Full Governing Body. We also have five committees and one working party that meet once or twice a term.
Our committees are:
- Admissions – oversee the admissions arrangements, changing policy if required and hearing appeals.
- Learning and Inclusion – meet and discuss teaching and learning, progress of all pupils, curriculum delivery, policy and practice, safety and care of all children.
- Finance – set the budget, ensure budgets are adhered to, value for money is gained and that financial regulations are followed.
- Personnel – oversee staffing in school, staff structure, pay and conditions of employment, interviews and attendance and absence.
- Premises – oversee the building maintenance program, deciding priorities for development and renewal, health and safety of the property, checks of equipment
We have one working group and this is the Church Group which focuses on self evaluation of all aspects of school life relating to the school’s ethos, leadership, RE and worship, as well as looking holistically at the children’s education at DVIS.
If you would like to contact the Governing Body regarding a school related matter please email this address firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter via the school office clearly addressed to the Chair of Governors.
Governor Vacancies: There are currently no vacancies.